Ephemera:

Ephemera is a broad term used to describe items of paper that were created for use in a short time span and meant to be thrown away after one or two uses. Items generally put into the ephemera category of collecting would be sheet music, posters, stock certificates, post cards, cigarette cards, magazines, catalogs, and the like.
_____________________________________________



Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Cozy Book of Mother Goose


This colorfully illustrated book was published in 1926 by Whitman Publishing Company. 


I love illustrations of animals dressed and acting like real people!


The color illustrations in the book were done by Ray Gleason.  A quick Google of his name tells me that he illustrated a lot of books.


The black and white illustrations and hand lettering were done by Earnest Vetsch.  He also illustrated a lot of books.  I love the hand lettering in this little book.  It reminds me of Susan Branch's books and cookbooks.  (Did you know that Susan has a blog now?  It is fabulous!!  Go and check it out right now.


I would pick a puppy any day, too!


My mother used to bounce me on her knee and sing "To Market, To Market".


Don't know what to make of "Little Tom Twig".  That's one I hadn't heard before.


Love the border on the Humpty Dumpty page.


I was Little Bo Peep for Halloween one year.


The end! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment