Ephemera:

Ephemera is a broad term used to describe items of paper that were created for use in a short time span and meant to be thrown away after one or two uses. Items generally put into the ephemera category of collecting would be sheet music, posters, stock certificates, post cards, cigarette cards, magazines, catalogs, and the like.
_____________________________________________



Thursday, December 16, 2010

What I've Been Up To

We took a little trip last weekend to pick up the last load of "Madeline's Memories".  My brother-in-law was graciously storing this last load at his home since April.  It was a little sad for me to know that this is the last time we will bring her memories to our home, but it's also probably a good thing, as we are beginning to run out of space to store it all!  Here are some photos of the treasures which will show up here in 2011. 


A silver punch bowl full of old letters and photos.


The punch bowl sitting on my father-in-law's Washington & Lee chair.


That's a 48 star flag in a box containing an old metal doll house.  (I have to put it together!)



I've nicknamed this guy "Ebenezer" because we don't know who he is (yet!).


A great old wood crate and another family bible. 




 
A great old table with bowl and pitcher.  We put a plant in the bowl.



This rocking chair was in what was called "the best living room", which we only gathered in on Christmas to open presents.  I always thought it was stiff and uncomfortable, but now it's in our family room and I'm starting to like it a lot.


A photo of her father's chicken farm, with sign. 

I want to wish all readers of Madelines Memories a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  When it's all over, I'll be back on a regular basis.  I'm planning to start 2011 with one of Madeline's diaries.  They may have to have a blog of their own. 




1 comment:

  1. Your last load of Madeline's Memories...I can see why that would be a little sad for you.

    Some interest things... A metal doll house! I hope you'll share once you have a chance to put it together. Ebenezer is a perfect name for that portrait. :-)

    And now I need to go back and catch up on your posts that I missed during this busy Christmas season. Those Christmas cards certainly caught my eye!

    Merry Christmas to you, Ann!

    ReplyDelete