Ephemera:

Ephemera is a broad term used to describe items of paper that were created for use in a short time span and meant to be thrown away after one or two uses. Items generally put into the ephemera category of collecting would be sheet music, posters, stock certificates, post cards, cigarette cards, magazines, catalogs, and the like.
_____________________________________________



Friday, December 3, 2010

Vintage Christmas Cards


In honor of receiving our first Christmas card yesterday, from our good friend Edward Jones, I pulled out my folder of Christmas cards from Madeline's memories.  Greeting cards are the only category that I have an organization/storage system for.  That is number one on my New Year's Resolution List:  to organize all of  Madeline's memories.  I hope you enjoy these old cards, mostly from the 40's and 50's. 




Inside of the bunny card.  I thought it was funny to use bunnies for Christmas!







Verse inside.  I love how sentimental it is.  And didn't my father-in-law have beautiful handwriting?








Back of the card.  So sweet!









Some cards never change.  I think this captures Christmas.



A Christmas telegram from her parents and younger brother.



This card is like a little book.





Merry Christmas to everyone!




1 comment:

  1. Love these old Christmas cards! I think the telegram is my favorite, though. What a sweet note from her parents...

    ReplyDelete