Ephemera:

Ephemera is a broad term used to describe items of paper that were created for use in a short time span and meant to be thrown away after one or two uses. Items generally put into the ephemera category of collecting would be sheet music, posters, stock certificates, post cards, cigarette cards, magazines, catalogs, and the like.
_____________________________________________



Monday, October 3, 2011

Open Invitation Ski Jumping Tournament

This brochure was quite a surprise!  I have a hard time picturing Madeline skiing.


I think she just came to watch, though.





The event was held on February 16, 1947.  She was married then so I'm not sure what she was doing here.



This is her handwriting!


It's nice to find something unexpected in her memories.







1 comment:

  1. Oh my what fun I had sifting through Madeline's memories, seems like she was a fun person to know. I feel your pain of sorting and sifting. I have a similar collection but had not considered sharing it on a blog. I'm over whelmed with the sorting; bless you for sharing her life and memories, what a wonderful glimpse into history. Thanks for sharing, E in TN

    ReplyDelete