Ephemera:

Ephemera is a broad term used to describe items of paper that were created for use in a short time span and meant to be thrown away after one or two uses. Items generally put into the ephemera category of collecting would be sheet music, posters, stock certificates, post cards, cigarette cards, magazines, catalogs, and the like.
_____________________________________________



Sunday, March 21, 2010

Some Very Old Family Photos

Here a few really old family photos I found in a beautiful red velvet covered photo album. It is so old I had to be really careful when I removed the photos for scanning.  Some of the more unusual photos could not be removed without tearing something, so I left them alone.  To my husband's family members:  The captions are just in fun and are my words.


Three Ladies With Hats


 
Boy With Ring

This must be a family ring, unless it was common for babies to wear rings on their fingers in those days. 


 
Happy Lady 

This looks like a young lady who is content with herself.


Back of Happy Lady photo


Man or Woman?

Just asking, today some men wear earrings in both ears.


Woman with an Attitude

Maybe she is thinking Hurry up and take the photo, I have work to do!


Woman With Curls

Very severe look, but she looks at peace with herself.





No comments:

Post a Comment