Ephemera:

Ephemera is a broad term used to describe items of paper that were created for use in a short time span and meant to be thrown away after one or two uses. Items generally put into the ephemera category of collecting would be sheet music, posters, stock certificates, post cards, cigarette cards, magazines, catalogs, and the like.
_____________________________________________



Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Old Photos

The thing I like most about this project is that there is so much "stuff" that there is no way to efficiently catalog all of it.  Madeline had a large basket containing large manila envelopes, some marked according to years.  Inside were greeting cards, newspaper clippings, and photos.  Not all photos were described on the back.  As I was looking for a photo of  Madeline to post, I came across a few that caught my eye:

This one reminded me of Warren Beatty, for some reason.  Either "Splendor in the Grass" or "Bugsby".


Don't you love this?  "Let's go swimming!"


So much to love about this photo!  Where did they get that sign?!  Love the lampshade and the stone fireplace.  But adore the little boy who  just wants the photo session to be over.  Obviously from the 50's.


Love the clothes in this photo.  I have no idea what year it was taken.  I'm assuming these are the store employees.  Sometimes I wish we could "walk inside" a photo like this and experience a typical day of yore.


At last, a photo of  Madeline!  Of course that is her in the top center.  The little girl in the front row, second from left, is my sister in law, Mary.  The back of this photo dates it as 1959.  Madeline was involved in everything in town. 


No comments:

Post a Comment